Worship in church is an integral part of both your child's and your family's spiritual development. The blessings of gathering together for regular and consistent worship of God are innumerable.
Saturday - 6 pm
Sunday - 9 am (Also broadcast over KHAS Radio 1230 AM)
All school families are encouraged to be a part of the greater family of Christian believers at Zion Lutheran Church. All families are warmly invited to be regular guests at any of Zion's worship services.
Wednesday - 8:45am
(Chapel Service During school year)
Family members are always welcome to join us for our weekly children's chapel services that are conducted throughout the school year, Offerings collected are given to Christian missionaries and institutions selected by the school staff. This year the collections will be sent to the Orphan Grain Train "Project Feed 500", the Heartland Lutheran High school in Grand Island, and Camp Luther.
Education Hour for Adults & Children
Sunday - 10:30-11:30am
Regarding Holy Communion
The Lord’s Supper is God’s gift of forgiving strength for the faith of the baptized, instructed, and repentant Christian. It is also an intimate act of fellowship with our God, and with one another. Therefore it is important that we believe the same Biblical truths. The Bible calls for those who commune to carefully examine themselves before participating in the meal. Paul writes in 1 Corinthians 11:28-29, “A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup. For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body of the Lord eats and drinks judgment on himself.” Therefore, please carefully ask yourself the following questions before coming to receive the Lord’s Supper:
· Do I recognize I am a sinner and repent of my sin before God?
· Do I believe Jesus to be my only Savior and Lord from sin, death, and Satan?
· Do I believe the Body and Blood of the Risen Jesus are really present in the Lord’s Supper.
· Do I believe this supper is for me for the forgiveness of my sin?
· Do I harbor any sinful desires for which I am not repentant.
· Do I intend to use Jesus’ forgiveness to change my attitude and actions?
· Do I seek the forgiveness from this meal of grace to dedicate my life to serving Him?
We respectfully ask our Christian guests, who are not Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod members, to refrain from participating with us at this time. Our pastor would gladly speak with you individually regarding your participation.